Away Resorts says ‘Hey there Mister Blue’(June 13, 2012)
Guests at Away Resorts’s holiday park on the Isle of Wight are set to be quids in this season as the resort waves goodbye to the grey skies with a Guaranteed Sun pledge.
Managing director Carl Castledine is so optimistic about the weather for the rest of the summer, he has forecast sunshine and blue skies on selected breaks.*
“However, like Michael Fish, even I have been known to be wrong every now and then so if it does rain during these selected breaks, guests on park will receive a £5 voucher to spend in resort – a sure way to brighten up guests’ day.”
Whitecliff Bay is the only holiday park on the island to embrace the Isle of Wight’s resurgence on the festival scene, offering a venue for local bands to play and is a great opportunity for guests to enjoy some live music without having to pay festival prices.
In keeping with the festival feel, Whitecliff Bay also has the Magic Loungeabout, an area for holidaymakers who don’t fancy the club house to chill out with a drink. It has bean bags and hay bales to relax on and a bar made out of apple crates, along with free wifi.
Prices for camping start at £20 per night for a standard tent pitch that sleeps six, with glamping accommodation and luxury lodges also available.
* This offer applies to any date in July at Whitecliff Bay or Tattershall Lakes if booked before June 29
Loudbird PR and Communications
Tel: 07970 810302
Follow us on:www.twitter.com/loudbirdPR
Join our Facebook group Loudbird PR and Communications
Skype us on: loudbirdpr
Notes to editors – the other parks
TATTERSHALL LAKES (Lincolnshire) WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park is great for families and individuals who like water activities. It makes the most of its wonderful lakeside setting, offering water-skiing, wake-boarding, banana boating and pedalos with lessons available for all water sports. For those who like a slightly slower pace, it has some well stocked lakes exclusively for fishing, and it also has an 18-hole golf course.
- The park has also recently opened a £1.2m leisure complex that includes a pool, a gym and a spa – something for the mums to make the most of. Other activities include water walkerz (zorbing on water), archery, aquajets, and with 365 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland, there is plenty of opportunity to go walking and cycling (bike hire is available).
- The evenings are full of activity too. This summer Tattershall Lakes staged musicals at its outdoor performance area, the Midnight Screen, which is set against the stunning backdrop of the park’s biggest lake. The audience could relax at an outside bar and bbq on hay bales, with blankets and camp fires to ward off the cooler nights. From Abba to Champions of Rock, there was music to appeal to every member of the family.
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park has also introduced a 'Canvas Village' with bell tents already made up with lovely interiors, beds, heaters, TVs and stylish furnishings.
- www.tattershall-lakes.com Booking number 01526 348800
MILL RYTHE (Hayling Island) – WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village is the ultimate park for entertainment. The creative director at the park is Max Barraclough and he works alongside Jenna Lee-James, who is a leading lady form the West End.The park's entertainment team, known as Showcast, provide musical shows for the season with direction from West End professionals, who have performed in hit shows We Will Rock You, The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease, Footloose and Legally Blonde.
- Jenna has had played the female lead in We will Rock You and Joseph alongside Lee Mead and Gareth Gates. Jenna has been involved in all aspects of creating the shows for this season at Mill Rythe, and has also brought in musical director Chris Egan, who is a well-known name in the West End and has worked in all genres of music as a composer, arranger, orchestrator and musical director. He’s worked on musicals such as; The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease and Footloose. Chris has written arrangements and performed with many artists including: Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating. He is currently Elaine Paige’s musical director. He has worked on the orchestrations and musical arrangements for our shows.
- www.mill-rythe.com Booking number 02392 460044
All parks - activities for the kids:
- Pool snorkelling, abseiling archery, kayaking, flying remote control helicopters, water walkerz, walking trails, cheerleading school, geocoaching (high-tech treasure hunting game using GPS devices), archery, body sorbing, Junior Geo (kids can pan for gold, make their own fossils, they also get sand-pouring souvenirs, dig for dinosaurs and a membership pack), Crack Pots (painting pottery, puppets, faces and hands) and Science Bugs (children can try out a collection of experiments and nature discoveries).
- For the pre-schoolers, there is a big friendly character called Bear in the Woods. Bear has friends Lucy and Scratch, who take the kids on little adventures live on stage.
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- The owners of Away Resorts have many years' experience between them at a senior level working for the biggest UK holiday parks, and are very passionate about offering the great British holiday experience at really affordable prices, but with a contemporary twist and done really well.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight. The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.