Away Resorts has it covered, whatever the weather(June 19, 2012)
- Indoor pools and play areas at all three parks
- New £1.2 million spa and leisure complex at lake-side retreat in Lincolnshire
- Programme of indoor activities with My Active and My Play for children of all ages
- Packed schedule of evening entertainment
UK holiday parks operator Away Resorts really doesn’t care if the weather man says it’s raining as it has a whole host of indoor activities at its three parks to ensure its guests aren’t complaining.
There are indoor swimming pools at all of its park, with a brand-new £1.2 million spa and leisure complex at its lake-side retreat on Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire. At its coastal retreats on the Isle of Wight and Hayling Island and at Tattershall Lakes, indoor activities for the kids and grown-ups include:
My Active programme
- Remote Control Machines – learn how to fly a chopper, buzz around in a hover craft or sail a boat
- Cheerleading School
- Pool snorkelling and aqua jets – a great way to improve underwater skills but retrieving objects from the bottom of the pool
- Water Confidence – a fun range of activities designed to build and improve confidence in the water. For swimmers and non swimmers of all ages
- Water Walkerz – let you run, roll, flip and spin on water without getting wet in inflatable water walkerz balls.
- Balanceability – a learn-to-cycle programme for children aged two to six years old.
- Pool kayaking
- Zumba classes
- Bear in the Woods with Lucy and Scratch show for pre-school children
- Junior Geo – Pan for gold and gem stones, make your own fossil, sand pouring souvenirs, dig for dinosaurs. With lots of goodies to discover and keep, including an official Junior Geo membership pack.
- Crack Pots – pottery painting, seaside cookie decoration, puppet making, face and hand painting, Crackpots is jam packed with all things creative and arty.
- Science Bugs – Exploding volcanos, bug safari, bubbleology, make chocolate and gummies – become a real Science Bug with a fun collection of experiments and nature discoveries.
- Badge making and puppet masks
- Balloon Buddies
- Cookie decoration and gummy worm mud cups
- Let's get crafty
From bingo and evening quizzes to karaoke, party dances, cabarets and the park’s in-resort entertainment’s team delivering musical shows such as The Abba Story, Champions of Rock, The ‘60s Show and The Vera Lynn Story
From standard and service tent pitches, to Canvas Village glamping section and luxury lodges, Away Resorts has a wide variety of accommodation to suit all tastes.
Example prices for Whitecliff Bay week beginning Saturday 21 July.
- Seven nights camping on a six-berth standard pitch including ferry crossing – £199
- Seven nights in four-berth Canvas Village Bell Tent (glamping section of park) – £499
- Seven nights in six-berth comfort holiday home – £740
- Seven nights in six-berth superior lodge – £1,283
Notes to editors – the parks
WHITECLIFF BAY (Isle of Wight) - WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park has a comforting retro feel to it, with some quirky contemporary twists that really make it stand out from other holiday parks on the ever-popular Isle of Wight.
- The jewel in this park's crown is its beautiful secluded sandy beach, which has gets the top rating from the Good Beach Guide.
- It's the only holiday park on the island to offer a venue for local bands to play and is a great opportunity for guests to enjoy some live music without having to pay festival prices. In keeping with the festival feel, Whitecliff Bay also provided The Magic Loungeabout: an area for holiday-makers who don't fancy the club house to chill out with a drink. With bean bags and hay bales to relax on and a bar made out of apple crates, along with free wifi, you will really think you're at Glastonbury.
- For the children Whitecliff bay offers ‘A Midsummer Night's Screen': a free outdoor family cinema experience set around a campfire with marshmallow toasting, barbecue and a bar, all on the lawn overlooking the bay.
- Whitecliff Bay has also introduced glamping to its park, with a 'Canvas Village' comprising bell tents already made up with lovely interiors, beds, heaters, TVs and stylish furnishings.
- www.wight-holidays.com Booking number 01983 872671
TATTERSHALL LAKES (Lincolnshire) WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park is great for families and individuals who like water activities. It makes the most of its wonderful lakeside setting, offering water-skiing, wake-boarding, banana boating and pedalos with lessons available for all water sports. For those who like a slightly slower pace, it has some well stocked lakes exclusively for fishing, and it also has an 18-hole golf course.
- The park has also recently opened a £1.2m leisure complex that includes a pool, a gym and a spa – something for the mums to make the most of. Other activities include water walkerz (zorbing on water), archery, aquajets, and with 365 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland, there is plenty of opportunity to go walking and cycling (bike hire is available).
- The evenings are full of activity too. This summer Tattershall Lakes staged musicals at its outdoor performance area, the Midnight Screen, which is set against the stunning backdrop of the park’s biggest lake. The audience could relax at an outside bar and bbq on hay bales, with blankets and camp fires to ward off the cooler nights. From Abba to Champions of Rock, there was music to appeal to every member of the family.
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park has also introduced a 'Canvas Village' with bell tents already made up with lovely interiors, beds, heaters, TVs and stylish furnishings.
- www.tattershall-lakes.com Booking number 01526 348800
MILL RYTHE (Hayling Island) – WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village is the ultimate park for entertainment. The creative director at the park is Max Barraclough and he works alongside Jenna Lee-James, who is a leading lady form the West End.The park's entertainment team, known as Showcast, provide musical shows for the season with direction from West End professionals, who have performed in hit shows We Will Rock You, The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease, Footloose and Legally Blonde.
- Jenna has had played the female lead in We will Rock You and Joseph alongside Lee Mead and Gareth Gates. Jenna has been involved in all aspects of creating the shows for this season at Mill Rythe, and has also brought in musical director Chris Egan, who is a well-known name in the West End and has worked in all genres of music as a composer, arranger, orchestrator and musical director. He’s worked on musicals such as; The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease and Footloose. Chris has written arrangements and performed with many artists including: Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating. He is currently Elaine Paige’s musical director. He has worked on the orchestrations and musical arrangements for our shows.
- www.mill-rythe.com Booking number 02392 460044
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- The owners of Away Resorts have many years' experience between them at a senior level working for the biggest UK holiday parks, and are very passionate about offering the great British holiday experience at really affordable prices, but with a contemporary twist and done really well.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight. The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.