Away Resorts launches Wild Camping for £2 a night(July 02, 2012)
Retro camping experience at Tattershall Lakes
UK holiday parks operator Away Resorts is offering guests the chance to revoke memories of the good old outdoor holidays of times goneby days with the launch of Wild Camping at its lake-side retreat in Lincolnshire.
Wild Camping at Tattershall Lakes Country Park is an affordable way of offering guests the chance to escape from the trappings of modern day life and kick back with just a tent, a camp fire and the great outdoors.
Tattershall Lakes holiday park has five lakes and in the middle of one of the lakes is an island with trees that is linked to the mainland by a causeway, which has room for 12 standard tent pitches.
Managing director Carl Castledine says: “We all have fond memories of the camping days of our youth, and while camping has moved on so much these days, it’s nice to get back to the heart and soul of what camping is all about.
“The island is the perfect spot to relax – as long as you leave your phone in the car. Parents will be able to relax on the island, while the kids go off and explore. However, if they still want to get involved in all the activities, the park is just a short walk across the causeway.
“It’s also an affordable way for families who are on a tight budget, getting away this year,” he adds. "However, if all the Wild Camping gets too much, there is a new £1.2 million spa and leisure complex in the park that campers can chill out in."
Prices for Wild Camping lead in at £99 for six people for a seven-night stay, which is just over £2 a day per person.
About the park
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park is great for families and individuals who like water activities. It makes the most of its wonderful lakeside setting, offering water-skiing, wake-boarding, banana boating and pedalos with lessons available for all water sports. For those who like a slightly slower pace, it has some well stocked lakes exclusively for fishing, and it also has an 18-hole golf course.
- The park has also recently opened a £1.2m leisure complex that includes a pool, a gym and a spa – something for the mums to make the most of. Other activities include water walkerz (zorbing on water), archery, aquajets, and with 365 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland, there is plenty of opportunity to go walking and cycling (bike hire is available).
- The evenings are full of activity too. This summer Tattershall Lakes staged musicals at its outdoor performance area, the Midnight Screen, which is set against the stunning backdrop of the park’s biggest lake. The audience could relax at an outside bar and bbq on hay bales, with blankets and camp fires to ward off the cooler nights. From Abba to Champions of Rock, there was music to appeal to every member of the family.
- Tattershall Lakes Country Park has also introduced a 'Canvas Village' with bell tents already made up with lovely interiors, beds, heaters, TVs and stylish furnishings.
Notes to editors – the other two parks
WHITECLIFF BAY (Isle of Wight) - WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park has a comforting retro feel to it, with some quirky contemporary twists that really make it stand out from other holiday parks on the ever-popular Isle of Wight.
- The jewel in this park's crown is its beautiful secluded sandy beach, which has gets the top rating from the Good Beach Guide.
- It's the only holiday park on the island to offer a venue for local bands to play and is a great opportunity for guests to enjoy some live music without having to pay festival prices. In keeping with the festival feel, Whitecliff Bay also provided The Magic Loungeabout: an area for holiday-makers who don't fancy the club house to chill out with a drink. With bean bags and hay bales to relax on and a bar made out of apple crates, along with free wifi, you will really think you're at Glastonbury.
- For the children Whitecliff bay offers ‘A Midsummer Night's Screen': a free outdoor family cinema experience set around a campfire with marshmallow toasting, barbecue and a bar, all on the lawn overlooking the bay.
- Whitecliff Bay has also introduced glamping to its park, with a 'Canvas Village' comprising bell tents already made up with lovely interiors, beds, heaters, TVs and stylish furnishings.
- www.wight-holidays.com Booking number 01983 872671
MILL RYTHE (Hayling Island) – WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village is the ultimate park for entertainment. The creative director at the park is Max Barraclough and he works alongside Jenna Lee-James, who is a leading lady form the West End.The park's entertainment team, known as Showcast, provide musical shows for the season with direction from West End professionals, who have performed in hit shows We Will Rock You, The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease, Footloose and Legally Blonde.
- Jenna has had played the female lead in We will Rock You and Joseph alongside Lee Mead and Gareth Gates. Jenna has been involved in all aspects of creating the shows for this season at Mill Rythe, and has also brought in musical director Chris Egan, who is a well-known name in the West End and has worked in all genres of music as a composer, arranger, orchestrator and musical director. He’s worked on musicals such as; The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease and Footloose. Chris has written arrangements and performed with many artists including: Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating. He is currently Elaine Paige’s musical director. He has worked on the orchestrations and musical arrangements for our shows.
- www.mill-rythe.com Booking number 02392 460044
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- The owners of Away Resorts have many years' experience between them at a senior level working for the biggest UK holiday parks, and are very passionate about offering the great British holiday experience at really affordable prices, but with a contemporary twist and done really well.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight. The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.