UK holiday park offers West End-style show breaks for all the family this half-term without the London prices(September 12, 2012)
Away Resorts offers ABBA – A Musical Story, Champions of Rock and Back to the ’60s in a three-night break for four at £358
Away Resorts is offering families the best seats in the house this October half-term (29 October to 2 November) to enjoy some West End musical-style entertainment at affordable prices at its Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island.
For just £358 for a three-night break for four people*, families can enjoy three evenings packed full of songs and performances from West End-style hit musicals provided by the holiday park’s Show Cast entertainment team – among them are former stars of the West End stage.
Compared to West End ticket prices – a family of four to see one performance of We Will Rock You at London’s Dominion Theatre alone costs £282** – a three-night stay at Mill Rythe offers great value for money and families don’t have to wait nearly months to see the shows, like most West End musicals that are booked up months in advance.
The shows that guests can enjoy during half-term include ABBA – A Musical Story, Champions of Rock and Back to the '60s. As well as a three-night weekend break, there is also a four-night midterm break that leads in at
Mill Rythe’s ShowCast entertainment team includes leading lady Jenna Lee-James, who has played the female lead in the original cast of We Will Rock You and the narrator in productions of Joseph alongside Lee Mead and Gareth Gates.
Also, members of Show Cast team are coached by musical director Chris Egan, who has worked on The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease and Footloose, as well as writing arrangements and performing with many artists including Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating. He is currently doing the orchestrations and musical arrangements for new musical The Bodyguard, which is due to start previews on the 6 November.
As well as the night-time entertainment, there is a whole wealth of day-time, age-appropriate activities to keep the kids busy. These include a My Active scheme for three-year-olds and upwards, which features activities such as pool snorkelling, abseiling archery, kayaking, flying remote control helicopters, water walkerz, walking trails, cheerleading school, geocoaching (high-tech treasure hunting game using GPS devices), archery and body zorbing.
The My Play activities include Junior Geo (kids can pan for gold, make their own fossils, they also get sand-pouring souvenirs, dig for dinosaurs and a membership pack), Crack Pots (painting pottery, puppets, faces and hands) and Science Bugs (children can try out a collection of experiments and nature discoveries). For the pre-schoolers, there is a big friendly character called Bear in the Woods. Bear has friends Lucy and Scratch, who take the kids on little adventures live on stage.
For the grown-ups, there is a chance to go fishing, take part in some daily quizzes, engage in a board game or two, play bowls or make the most of the hair and beauty salon on site.
*This price is based on two adults staying for three nights at £149 per person and two children aged between two and seven at £30 per child. Children under two are free with eight to 15-year-olds costing £60 each.
**This price is based on a matinee performance on 27 October 2012 with ticket prices of £70.50 each.
Loudbird and Communications
Notes to editors:
About Away Resorts
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight. The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.
- They have years of experience in the holiday park sector and previously worked together as senior managers at Park Resorts. Carl and Greg have also been general managers on various UK holiday parks for Haven and Bourne Leisure.
- Away Resorts has improved each park greatly:
- At Tattershall Lakes Country Park – an investment of £1.2m on a new leisure complex and spa, which comes on top of £500k already spent on improving facilities and refurbishments.
- At Whitecliff Bay – the addition of brand new holiday caravan accommodation, and the refurbishment of the restaurant and public spaces.
- At Mill Rythe Holiday Village – a large refurbishment programme is underway, improving all bedrooms and public spaces.
- At all parks, an improved day-time and evening entertainment programme provides plenty to do at any time of the day.