Brits just can’t get enough of the Turkey and Tinsel breaks(October 16, 2012)
Away Resorts adds more festive-themed holidays with prices from £169 full board for four nights
The park will host three breaks in November and four in December including Vegas: A Rat Pack Christmas.
The affordable breaks, which work out at £21 a day per person full board, are perfect for friends and family who like to get into the spirit of Christmas a little earlier than normal, or won't be able to party with their nearest and dearest during the festive period.
Away Resorts managing director Carl Castledine says: “We took over Mill Rythe in September 2010, so last year was the first year that we could be in complete control of the Christmas breaks schedule.
“We couldn’t believe how popular the Turkey and Tinsel breaks were. It seems people love the run-up to Christmas just as much as the actual day itself. So we decided to add extra breaks with more glitz and glamour from our Show Cast entertainment team, and Rat Pack tribute acts.”
Entertainment will be provided by Mill Rythe’s own Show Cast team featuring performers from the West End stage*. Shows include: the Back to the ‘60s Show, ABBA – A Musical Story, Champions of Rock and The Vera Lynn Story. Resident live band Jetset provide all the music between the shows.
Mill Rythe’s Show Cast entertainment team includes leading lady Jenna Lee-James, who has played the female lead in the original cast of We Will Rock You and the narrator in productions of Joseph alongside Lee Mead and Gareth Gates.
Also, the park's entertainment team are coached by musical director Chris Egan, who has worked on The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease and Footloose, as well as writing arrangements and performing with many artists including Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating. He is currently doing the orchestrations and musical arrangements for new musical The Bodyguard, which is due to start previews on the 6 November.
02392 46 00 44
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight. The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.
- They have years of experience in the holiday park sector and previously worked together as senior managers at Park Resorts. Carl and Greg have also been general managers on various UK holiday parks for Haven and Bourne Leisure.
- Away Resorts has improved each park greatly:
- At Tattershall Lakes Country Park – an investment of £1.2m on a new leisure complex and spa, which comes on top of £500k already spent on improving facilities and refurbishments.
- At Whitecliff Bay – the addition of brand new holiday caravan accommodation, and the refurbishment of the restaurant and public spaces.
- At Mill Rythe Holiday Village – a large refurbishment programme is underway, improving all bedrooms and public spaces.
- At all parks, an improved day-time and evening entertainment programme provides plenty to do at any time of the day.