All bets are off – Away Resorts guarantees a white Christmas(October 23, 2012)
UK holiday parks operator is preparing for a winter extravaganza at Mill Rythe Holiday Village this year
- Three festive breaks to choose from with prices from £129 per adult and £32 per child (under 2s are free) *
- Option to combine breaks to extend stay
- Christmas with all the trimmings and none of the hassle
- Show Cast entertainment team to provide the park's most lavish-ever production alongside West End-style shows
- Group discounts available for larger families
- Festive breaks mark a successful year for Mill Rythe after scooping TripAdvisor Excellence award and being a finalist in the 2012 Group Travel Awards category for Best All-Inclusive Group Holiday **
Away Resorts is placing all its bets on a white Christmas at Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island this year.
Whatever the weather forecast, UK holiday parks operator Away Resorts is promising its guests they will see some snow on Christmas Day when it transforms Mill Rythe's ballroom into a Winter Wonderland on Christmas Day.
The winter scene will form part of the park's backdrop for Mill Rythe's most lavish-ever production – the Christmas Show Spectacular.
The show is arranged and orchestrated by West End musical directors, who have worked on The Witches Of Eastwick, Never Forget, Grease andFootloose, as well as writing arrangements and performing with many artists including Lionel Richie, Annie Lennox, Lady Gaga and Ronan Keating.
The festive-themed musical extravaganza will be performed by Mill Rythe's Show Cast entertainment's team. The show will include classic and contemporary Christmas favourites, including O Holy Night, Little Drummer Boy, Jingle Bell Rock, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town A Spaceman Came Travelling, and Do They Know It's Christmas.
As well as the Christmas Spectacular Show, guests are guaranteed to have a good old family Christmas this year with Christmas carols, classic movies, mulled wine and mince pies, a visit from Father Christmas and the traditional family Wii challenge.
One of the highlights of the four-night festive break at Mill Rythe, the Wii family challenge on a giant screen sees families go head to head to become the champion of Wii Sports Resort.
There are three breaks to choose from over the festive period (two are full board and one is half-board), and families who want to stay longer have the option to combine two breaks.
Everything is catered for during the Christmas Festive Breaks and the New Year Break, so all guests need to worry about is eating, drinking and not missing the Queen’s speech.
The breaks include:
Four-night, full-board Christmas Festive Break – December 23
Adult prices £359, 8-15-year-olds £180, 2-7-year-olds, £90, under 2s free
For the ultimate in festive celebrations, this four-night break from December 23 will have all the glitz and glamour of Christmas with lots of extras including the Mill Rythe Entertainment Team dressed in traditional costume from Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol welcoming all guests with a serving of roast chestnuts.
On Christmas Eve, there will be carol concerts and Children’s Christingles and of course the popular countdown to Christmas Day.
On Christmas Day, Father Christmas arrives in person down the chimney live on stage with a sack-load of presents for all the children.
During the day, a classic Christmas movie will be screened along with mulled wine or mulled cider and mince pies. There is also a huge family Wii challenge on a giant screen. Boxing Day celebrations include an evening party and fancy dress.
* Two-night, half-board Betwixmas Showbreak 27-29 December
Adults from £129, 8-15-year-olds £65, 2-7-year-olds £32, under 2s free
So you’ve spent Christmas with the in-laws, now it’s time for you and the kids to have some fun.
Escape to Mill Rythe’s Betwixmas Break. Great for some post-Xmas relaxation. Sit back and enjoy the great entertainment provided by the Mill Rythe Show Cast team and live resident band. Plus selected drinks are £1.50 between 6pm and 10.30pm each evening.
Four-night, full-board New Year Break – December 29
Adults from £299, 8-15-year-olds £150, 2-7-year-olds £75, under 2s free
Start the New Year party on 29 December, while still keeping the festive spirit alive with lots of entertainment provided by the Mill Rythe Show Cast entertainment team.
On New Year's Eve, the Mill Rythe chefs pull out all of the stops and put on a fabulous gala buffet for everyone to enjoy.
After dinner, the party atmosphere will build all the way through the night as the countdown to new year begins and the confetti canons explode. The dancing and celebrations continue on into the early hours.
For guests who want to stay a bit longer, there is the option to combine the Christmas Festive Break with the Betwixmas Break for a six-night, mixed-board holiday with prices from £399 per adult, 8-15-year-olds £200 and 2-7-year-olds £100. Under 2s are free
Alternatively, the Betwixmas Showbreak can be bolted on to the New Year Special Celebration to make a six-night, mixed-board basis holiday with prices from £359 for adults, £180 for 8-15-year-olds and 2-7-year-olds £90. Under 2s are free.
As well as the Christmas Show Spectacular, the Show Cast team will be performing West End-style shows such as Back to the ‘60s Show, ABBA – A Musical Story, Champions of Rock and The Vera Lynn Story. All the music between the shows and late into the evening will be courtesy of resident live band Jetset
** The festive breaks mark the end of a great year for Mill Rythe. The holiday park was awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence back in June for consistently achieving four stars and above on its ratings from reviews. The park was also a finalist in the 2012 Group Travel Awards category for Best All-Inclusive Group Holiday. The awards are voted for by readers of Group Travel Organiser magazine.
Press contact: Angie Cronin
Loudbird and Communications
Notes to editors:
- Away Resorts operates holiday parks in three fantastic UK locations.
- Managing director Carl Castledine, finance director Neill Ryder and operations director Greg Lashley set up Away Resorts early in 2008 when they purchased Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park on the Isle of Wight.
- The company also acquired Tattershall Lakes Country Park in Lincolnshire in November 2009 and more recently Mill Rythe Holiday Village on Hayling Island in September 2010.
- They have years of experience in the holiday park sector and previously worked together as senior managers at Park Resorts. Carl and Greg have also been general managers on various UK holiday parks for
- Haven and Bourne Leisure.
- Away Resorts has improved each park greatly:
- At all parks, an improved day-time and evening entertainment programme provides plenty to do at any time of the day.
- At Tattershall Lakes Country Park – an investment of £1.2m on a new leisure complex and spa, which comes on top of £500k already spent on improving facilities and refurbishments.
- At Whitecliff Bay – the addition of brand new holiday caravan accommodation, and the refurbishment of the restaurant and public spaces.
- At Mill Rythe Holiday Village – a large refurbishment programme is underway, improving all bedrooms and public spaces. The holiday village was awarded TripAdvisor's Excellence award earlier this year and was a finalist in the 2012 Group Travel Awards category for Best All-Inclusive Group Holiday