New interiors shop That Design Store, is first UK independent store to sell Tom Dixon's MELT lamp(April 15, 2015)
- · That Design Store (TDS) has opened its first UK shop, in St Albans, Hertfordshire· TDS will be the first UK independent outlet to offer the MELT lamp from Tom Dixon· MELT is being launched this WEEK at the Milan Design Week· TDS is offering the highest levels of customer service and cutting-edge design, and wants good design to be accessible to all· TDS is launching That Designer Club with favourable pricing and bespoke service for trade/commercial partnersThat Design Store, a new design-led interiors and lifestyle shop and online business that has recently opened in the historic Cathedral city of St Albans, will be the first independent store in the UK to offer the new MELT lamp, by the internationally renowned British designer Tom Dixon, which is being launched at the Milan Design Week this month (14-19 April).That Design Store (TDS) is the new venture from retailing and e-commerce expert Oliver Zissman, and his business partner Anthony Matchett, and is working with designers such as Tom Dixon, Buster & Punch, Design House Stockholm; and brands such as Iittala, Rewined, Alessi, Aesop and True Grace, to offer its customers a level of service that is on a par with the most exclusive of London stores, and a cutting edge product offering, whilst still remaining accessible.Oliver Zissman says: "It is fantastic for us to be the first independent to be offering eagerly anticipated designs of this kind, and important to us to be able to give our customers this sort of exclusive product."The store is putting the customer experience at the top of their list of priorities. "That Design Store is a mix of aspirational and accessible," says Oliver. "The focus is on beautiful, stylish, design-led products, but starting at an affordable price point and presented within a friendly environment in which the customer is king. I believe in great design being accessible to everyone."To this end, the store is holding a weekly ‘happy hour' on a Saturday, giving shoppers complimentary bubbly while they browse, and also offers expert advice on interior design to its customers.The business has also just launched its online store, and also its commercial offering ‘That Designer Club', for interior designers, hotels, restaurants and other commercial customers, which offers these customers beneficial pricing for multiple orders, and a more bespoke service including sourcing of special products and customisation of products.
Tom Dixon's MELT lamp will be in store end of April and comes in two sizes, three finishes (copper, chrome and gold). The smaller one (27cm) is £370 inc VAT and the larger one (50cm) is £575 inc VAT.
Sophie Banks and Angie Cronin
Loudbird PR and Communications
Tel: 07815 147073 and 07970 810302
About Tom Dixon's MELT Lamp
Tom Dixon collaborated with design collective FRONT to create MELT, a new distorted globe light made from blown-glass, that will be launched at designjunction edit during the Milan Design Week in April.
The MELT Lamp is a beautifully distorted lighting globe that creates a mesmerizing melting hot blown glass effect.
Translucent when on and mirror-finish when off, it emits an attractive, mildly hallucinogenic light. Hang as a standalone statement pendant or a few together to create a striking centre-piece for any room. Available in copper, chrome and gold.
About That Design Store
· That Design Store opened in St Albans in December 2014, and the online business in March 2015.
· That Design Store is an independent, contemporary, design-led interiors and lifestyle shop and online business.
· That Design Store works with the following designers: Buster & Punch, Design House Stockholm and Tom Dixon; and brands: Iittala, Rewined, Alessi, Aesop and True Grace.
· Oliver Zissman has years of retailing experience, most recently as a partner in Dixie's Cupcakery and The Baker Shop.
· Anthony Matchett's commercial background is in the audio and advertising industries.
About St Albans
· St Albans is a vibrant and historic market town with the stunning 11th Century St Albans Cathedral at its centre. With exquisite ancient streets and buildings the city is full of character and very popular with both tourists and locals. The City boasts the country's oldest pub, Ye Olde Fighting Cocks and also Britain's first Saint, Alban himself, as well as fabulous award-winning independent shopping, restaurants, pubs and coffee houses.
· St Albans is just 20 mins on the train from London and a short hop off the M1 and M25 motorways, within easy reach of London Luton and Heathrow airports.